Monday, September 1, 2008

New York - Day 4

Preston decided our NY photo album would not be complete without a picture of a NYPD officer. I really wasn't too interested in going up to a cop to ask if I could get a picture with him, so Preston asked for me. I mean, I look pretty excited in the picture, right? Thanks Preston. Dream come true!

Here we are at the end of our loverly carriage ride through Central Park. Near the beginning of our ride, our carriage driver person said he and his girlfriend were mugged last night. I really appreciated his story.

Well, I finally made it to Carnegie Hall. I guess I can make it anywhere now. I liked Steinway Hall down the street too. I don't really have a picture of that because it's not as famous as this place. Only famous stuff matters. I suppose Steinway pianos are famous, but you aren't really here to look at pictures of pianos now are you?

This is a neato sign for many reasons. I'm sure you can think of the reasons.

This little mangled-looking sculpture, known as "The Sphere", used to be situated between the World Trade Center Towers. As you can see, it was a little damaged. This is a temporary memorial erected at Battery Park in honor of those who lost their lives in the attacks.

4 comments:

Mary Lynne said...

It looks like you guys really packed in the sight-seeing. NYC is the best---but I wouldn't want to live there. I'm glad you didn't get mugged!

pinkfrostycookies said...

I love seeing your NYC photos! Thanks for sharing! Did you go to any tv show tapings?

Steve and Holly said...

What did you get me??

Preston and Kristin said...

No, I did not go to any tv show tapings. Sorry HoJo, I didn't get you anything. Maybe the mother can let you hold the purse I got her though.