Sunday, October 26, 2008

What we'll miss...

We're pretty happy to be leaving Las Vegas. That sounds pretty crazy eh? How could one be happy to leave one of the hippest, most swingin' places on earth? Well, the answer can be found in that question. It's a little too hip and swingin' for our taste. We've thoroughly enjoyed our years here. There are many, many things we'll miss about good old LV. We'll of course miss all our dear friends and wonderful family (ESPECIALLY the Chamberlains for their ESPECIALLY wondrous wonderfulness), but since we're only moving 130.18 miles away, it's really no biggie. So, we'll miss:


1. Being able to go out for a treat (i.e. ice cream or wings) after midnight.

2. The shopping! This includes the Nordstrom Rack, Cost Plus World Market, and Las Vegas Premium Outlets.

3. Tamale availability (especially the ones sold out of car trunks in the Walmart parking lot, but we actually never bought those. We'll just miss being regularly offered them. )

4. My place of work. I really got attached to my co-workers and regular customers.

5. (This is the place where we'd list "the water park", but since they got rid of that, we can't really list it. We're just so ANGRY about that. ; ))

6. The variety of restaurants. I know we listed food before, but now the focus is variety. We love Carino's, the Geisha Steakhouse, Eiffel Tower Restaurant, Planet Holleywood Spice Market Buffet, Claim Jumper, Roberto's, Pho Saigon 8, & Hush Puppy.

7. Our first house.

8. The Nevada resident discount on various shows and exhibits.

9. The IMAX options.

10. The numerous radio stations from which I won prizes. Since most stations generally have a rule about winning something no more than monthly, it helps to have different stations to win from. I've only won about 7 prizes while I've lived here though, so actually it's not that much of an issue.

11. The Bellagio Fountains and Bellagio Conservatory and Botanical Gardens.

12. Our Sunday School class. We'll miss them because we won't have as many people to tease, but after a few months I'm sure we can find replacements. I'm not sure if that Amber kid can be replaced though. She's pretty "special".

Because this was not a well thought-out posting, we're sure there are several items we've left off the list. If we can think of anything else, we'll add it. In closing, I'd like to quote the words from a Disney song sung by Jesse Mccartney: "My whole world is changing. I don't know where to turn. I can't leave you waiting, but I can't stay and watch this city burn...watch it burn..."


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how sad to be leaving your first home! But I think St. George will be nice. Same weather, different feel. And you get to go to Larson's and get a Glacier everyday, because everyday will feel like summer! How wonderful!

Mary Lynne said...

And to think that you're giving all of that up for me! Okay, so there may be a few other reasons. It's barely starting to sink in that you'll be so close...dream come true! Good times ahead!

Janet said...

I can't believe the Chamberlains didn't even make the top 10.

Melanie said...

I can't believe "The Chamberlains" didn't make the list, either! I'm sure your nieces and nephew will miss their Aunt Kristin and the boy Kristin!

Preston and Kristin said...

I mentioned Chamberlains under "wonderful family". I will mention you specifically now. Be sure to read the revised entry.

Janet said...

Much better.

KellyLady said...

Good luck on the move! Hope all goes well!

Steve and Holly said...

We can even get tamales in the Smith's parking lot here. I'm sure you can still get ice cream and wings after midnight, but why?? I thought the Chamberlains were the first list and the 10 things were the second list.

Ward Family said...

I miss things about Vegas, but am really glad I left. That fast paced life is fun for a bit, but it was nice to get back to reality. When I lived there, I felt like I was on vacation. 3 years is a LONG vacation! Good luck on your move!

Abby said...

I always miss talking to my bishop about the variety of billboards AFTER going to LV. J/k. You always miss the good parts but change is so fun! I'm excited for you!

Anonymous said...

It's ok that you didn't mention your sunday school class. It sounded like they were a bunch of weirdos anyways. Especially that Amber kid.

pinkfrostycookies said...

It's a good thing we left Las Vegas first or we would be devastated. Good luck with the transitioning!

Preston and Kristin said...

It looks like I have to revise my entry again.

Amanda said...

We're gonna miss you guys! Someone is going to be renting your cute place! Lucky them :)

NatalieD said...

Just keep inching north and you'll end up living near us in Washington. There is a small Hawkes family contingent up here, you know.